Employment Verification Requests
If you are a current or former staff member who qualifies for the Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) or U.S. Refugee Admissions Program Priority 2 Designation for Afghan National (P2) refugee referral process through MSI based on the information below, please click here to send an email to [email protected]. The team has received a large number of requests and is working through them as quickly as possible. They will reach out to you should they need additional information. As a gentle reminder, please do not send inquiries or submit any personal information via any social media channel.
In your email, please include the information listed below:
- Whether you are requesting help for SIV or P2
- Date of birth
- Start date with MSI
- End date with MSI
- Name of project(s)
- Work location(s)
- Passport/Tazkira (Taskera) Number
- MSI Badge Number
- Please attach copies of MSI employment agreements to this message
If you are seeking assistance with a P2 referral, please also attach the following documents:
- Completed P-2 Excel format referral form, which can be downloaded here
- Documents to establish identity for staff member and any dependents: passport; national ID; birth certificates
- Document to establish relationships with dependents: marriage, divorce, death, and/or birth certificates
A downloadable version of this information is also available.
U.S. Department of State Resources
If you, a family member, or a colleague requires emergency evacuation from Afghanistan, please send an e-mail immediately to [email protected].
- Please include a copy of your passport page with photo image and any other ID documents like a Tazkira (Taskera).
- Explain very briefly why you are at risk at this moment and how many immediate family members are included in that risk assessment.
- Be sure to provide your email and mobile phone number in Kabul.
DoS has established a SIV hotline to answer calls. While the line is currently overwhelmed with calls, they are staffing up as quickly as possible.
Importantly, DoS is sending texts and emails to those SIV applicants who are eligible for evacuation, informing them they should make their way to Hamid Karzai International Airport, if possible.
DoS SIV Hotline
Main number: +1-888-407-4747
Alternate number: +1-202-501-4444
- Wait past the first prompt – the first prompt is only for U.S. citizens.
- At the second prompt – “If you’re calling about visas, press 1” – Press 1. Then,
- “If you are a non-US citizen wanting to speak to a specialist about an immigrant visa, press 1” – Press 1.
- “If you are a non-US citizen wanting to speak to a specialist about a non-immigrant visa, press 2” – Press 2.
The caller will be connected to the National Visa Center (NVC).